Electronic Funds Transfer Agreement
Home Banking Electronic Funds Transfers Agreement and Disclosure
This Electronic Funds Transfers Agreement is the contract which covers your and our rights and responsibilities concerning the electronic funds transfer (EFT) services offered to you through H.E.A. Federal Credit Union's (Credit Union) Home Banking Service. In this Agreement, the words "you," "your," and "yours" mean those who sign the application or account card as applicants, joint owners, or any authorized users of the Home Banking service. The words "we", "us", and "our" mean the Credit Union. The word "account" means any one or more share and/or share draft (checking) accounts you have with the Credit Union. Home Banking electronic funds transfers are electronically initiated transfers of money to or from your account through the EFT services described below. By signing an application or account card for the Home Banking service or by using the service, each of you, jointly and severally, agree to the terms and conditions in this Agreement and any amendments for the Home Banking service. Al so, electronic fund transfers that meet the definition of remittance transfers are governed by 12 C.F.R. part 1005, subpart B-Requirements for remittance transfers, and consequently, terms of this agreement may vary for those types of transactions. A "remittance transfer" is an electronic transfer of funds of more than$15.00 requested by a sender to a designated recipient in a foreign country that is sent by a remittance transfer provider. Terms applicable to such transactions may vary from those disclosed herein and will be disclosed to you at the time such services are requested and rendered in accordance with applicable law.
If approved, you may conduct the Home Banking service offered by the credit union.
If we approve Home Banking for your account(s), a separate security code or instructions for establishing your security code will be provided to you. You must use your security code along with your account number and/or log on ID to access your account(s).
Our Internet address is www.heafcu.org. At the present time, you can use H.E.A. Federal Credit Union's Home Banking service to:
- View the current balance on your share, share draft, share certificate, Christmas Club, and loan accounts
- View the history on your share, share draft, share certificate, Christmas Club, and loan accounts
- Withdraw funds from your share and share draft accounts
- Transfer funds from your share and share draft accounts
- Transfer funds from your share and share draft accounts to make loan payments
- Transfer funds from your share and/or share draft accounts to another member's account that has been approved in advance by the Credit Union
Your accounts can be accessed under Home Banking via personal computer. The Home Banking service is available for your convenience twenty-four (24) hours per day. This service may be interrupted for a short time each day for data processing. We reserve the right to refuse any transaction that would draw upon insufficient funds, exceed a credit limit, lower an account below a required balance, or otherwise require us to increase our required reserve on the account. All checks are payable to you as a primary member and will be mailed to your address of record. We may set other limits on the amount of any transaction, and you will be notified of these limits. We may refuse to honor any transaction for which you do not have sufficient available verified funds. The service will discontinue if no transaction is entered after numerous unsuccessful attempts to enter a transaction and there may be limits on the duration of each access.
The following limitations on Home Banking transactions may apply:
- There is no limit to the numbers inquiries, transfers, or withdrawal requests you may make in any one day.
- See below for transfer limitations that may apply to these transactions.
We will process bill payment transfer requests only to those creditors the Credit Union has designated in the user instructions and such creditors as you authorize and for whom the Credit Union has the proper vendor code number. We will not process any bill payment transfer if the required transaction information is incomplete.
We will withdraw the designated funds from your share draft account for bill payment transfer by the designated cutoff time on the date you schedule for payment. We will process your bill payment transfer within a designated number of days before the date you schedule for payment. You must allow sufficient time for vendors to process your payment after they receive a transfer from us. Please leave as much time as though you were sending your payment by mail. We cannot guarantee the time that any payment will be credited to your account by the vendor.
The following limitations on Bill Payment transactions may apply:
- There is no limitation on the number of bill payments per day.
For all Regular Share and Christmas Club accounts, you may make no more than six (6) transfers and withdrawals from your account to another account or to a third party in any month by means of a preauthorized, automatic, or Internet transfer, or by telephonic order or instruction, or by check, draft, debit card or similar order. If you exceed these limitations, your account may be subject to a fee or be closed.
Security of Access Code
You may use one or more access codes with your electronic funds transfers. The access codes issued to you are for your security purposes. Any codes issued to you are confidential and should not be disclosed to third parties. You are responsible for safekeeping your access codes. You agree not to disclose or otherwise make your access codes available to anyone not authorized to use your accounts. If you authorize anyone to use your access codes, that authority shall continue until you specifically revoke such authority by notifying the Credit Union. You understand that any joint owner you authorize to use an access code may withdraw or transfer funds from any of your accounts. If you fail to maintain the security of these access codes and the credit union suffers a loss, we may terminate your Home Banking service immediately.
If any of your accounts accessed under this Agreement are joint accounts, all joint owners, including any authorized users, shall be bound by this Agreement and, alone and together, shall be responsible for all Home Banking transactions to or from any share and share draft or loan accounts as provided in this Agreement. Each joint account owner, without the consent of any other account owner, may, and hereby is authorized by every other joint account owner to, make any transaction permitted under this agreement. Each joint account owner is authorized to act for the other account owners, and the Credit Union may accept orders and instructions regarding any Home Banking transaction on any account from any joint account owner.
Fees and Charges
There may be certain fees for H.E.A. Federal Credit Union Home Banking account access. For a current listing of all applicable fees, see our current Service Fees list. From time to time, the fees may be changed. We will notify you of any changes as required by applicable law.
You are responsible for all Home Banking transactions you authorize. If you permit someone else to use Home Banking with your access code, you are responsible for any transactions they authorize or conduct on any of your accounts.
Tell H.E.A. Federal Credit Union at once if you believe your account number, access code, or any record thereof, has been lost or stolen, or if your account has been accessed without your authority, or if you believe that an electronic funds transfer has been made without your permission. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You could lose all the money in your accounts.
If your statement shows any electronic funds transfer that you did not make or authorize to be made, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after the statement was sent to you, you may not get back any money lost after the sixty (60) days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from making the transfers if you had told us in time. If a good reason (such as a hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we will extend the time periods.
Address and Telephone Numbers
If you believe there has been unauthorized access to your account, your access code has been stolen, or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account by accessing your account without your permission, call H.E.A. Federal Credit Union Monday through Friday, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Eastern Time at 478-953-7477 or 800-671-8969; or write to us at H.E.A. Federal Credit Union, 121 Osigian Blvd., Warner Robins, GA 31088.
You should also call the number or write to the address listed above if you believe a transfer has been made using the information from your check without your permission.
For purposes of this agreement, H.E.A. Federal Credit Union's business days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
Transfers and withdrawals made through any online/PC transactions or bill payments you make will be recorded on your periodic statement. You will receive a statement monthly unless there is no transaction in a particular month. In any case, you will receive a statement at least quarterly.
Account Information Disclosure
We will disclose information to third parties about your account or the transfers that you make:
- As necessary to complete transfers:
- To verify the existence of sufficient funds to cover specific transactions upon the request of a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant;
- To comply with government agency or court orders: or
- If you give us your written permission.
Credit Union Liability for Failure to Make Transfers
If H.E.A. Federal Credit Union fails to make a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we may be liable for your losses or damages. However, we will not be liable for direct or consequential damages in the following events:
- If, through no fault of ours, there is not enough money in your accounts to complete the transaction, if any funds in your accounts necessary to complete the transaction are held as uncollected funds pursuant to our Funds Availability Policy Disclosure, or if the transaction involves a loan request exceeding your credit limit.
- If you used your access code in an incorrect manner.
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire, flood, or power failure) prevent the transaction.
- If the funds in your account are subject to legal process or other claim.
- If funds in your account are pledged as collateral or frozen because of a delinquent loan.
- If the electronic transfer is not completed as a result of your willful or negligent use of your access code or any EFT facility for making such transfers.
- If the computer equipment you use to conduct Home Banking is not working properly, and you know or should have known about the breakdown when you started the transaction.
- If you have bill payment services, we can only confirm the amount, the participating merchant, and date of the bill payment transfer made by the Credit Union. For any other error or question you have involving the billing statement of the participating merchant, you must contact the merchant directly. We are not responsible for investigating such errors.
- For any other exceptions as established by the credit union.
All notices from us will be effective when we have mailed them or delivered them to the appropriate address in the Credit Union's records. Notices from you will be effective when received by the Credit Union at the address stated in this Agreement. We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions upon which this service is offered. We will mail notice to you at least 21 days before the effective date of any change. Use of this service is subject to existing regulations governing the Credit Union account and any future changes to those regulations.
In case of errors or questions about electronic funds transfers from your accounts, or if you need more information about a transfer on the statement or receipt, telephone us at the following number or send us a written notice to the following address as soon as you can. We must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem appeared.
Call us at: 478-953-7477 or 800-671-8969
write to us at:
H.E.A. Federal Credit Union
121 Osigian Blvd.
Warner Robins, GA 31088
- Tell us your name and account number.
- Describe the electronic transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe the Credit Union has made an error or why you need more information.
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within ten (10) business days. We will determine whether an error has occurred within ten (10)* business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to forty-five (45)** calendar days to investigate your compliant or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within ten (10)* business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within ten (10) business days, we may not credit your account.
We will tell you the results within three (3) business days of completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. You may ask for copies of the documents we used in our investigation.
- If you give notice of an error within thirty (30) days after you make the first deposit to your account, we will have twenty (20) business days instead of ten (10) business days.
- If you give notice of an error within thirty (30) days after you make the first deposit to your account, notice of an error involving a point of sale transaction, or notice of an error involving a transaction initiated outside the United States, its possessions and territories, we will have ninety (90) days instead of forty-five (45) days to investigate.
Termination of EFT Services
You may terminate this Agreement or any EFT service under this Agreement at any time by notifying us in writing and stopping the use of your access code. You also agree to notify any participating merchants that authority to make bill payment transfers has been revoked. We also may terminate this Agreement at any time by notifying you orally or in writing. If we terminate this Agreement, we may notify any participating merchants making preauthorized debits or credits to any of your accounts that this Agreement has been terminated and that we will not accept any further preauthorized transaction instructions. We may also program our computer not to accept your access code for any EFT service. Whether you or the Credit Union terminates this agreement, the termination shall not affect your obligations under this Agreement for any EFT's made prior to termination.
This agreement is governed by the Bylaws of the Credit Union, federal laws and regulations, the laws and regulations of the state of Georgia, and local clearinghouse rules, as amended from time to time. Any disputes regarding this Agreement shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the court of the county in which the Credit Union is located.
You are liable to us for any losses, costs, or expenses we incur resulting from your failure to follow this Agreement. You authorize us to deduct any such losses, costs, or expenses from your account without prior notice to you. If we bring a legal action to collect any amount due under or to enforce this Agreement, we shall be entitled, subject to applicable law, to payment of reasonable attorney's fees and costs, including fees on any appeal, bankruptcy proceedings, and any post-judgement collection actions.
This credit union is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration